An Interview with Dr. Marguerite Duane
April 17, 2018
This month, the Fertility Friday podcast featured our very own Executive Director, Dr. Marguerite Duane. The very thorough and interesting interview is packed with information that will intrigue and educate all listeners, regardless of current knowledge of or experience with fertility awareness based methods.
The Fertility Friday podcast was created by Lisa Hendrickson-Jack, a certified fertility awareness educator and user of FABMs for more than fifteen years. The podcast and blog are part of Lisa’s journey to a deeper understanding of the practical applications of the female cycle. Having learned as a young woman that abnormalities with the menstrual cycle can be a reflection of other problems with your health, she discovered the usefulness of charting the female cycle not only for family planning but also for health monitoring.
As you may know, one of our four webinars is titled The Female Cycle as the 5th Vital Sign. If you’ve ever wondered why we consider the menstrual cycle a vital sign, listen to this podcast to learn more!
You will also learn:
- Why so many physicians may not know about FABMs and what we are doing to change that
- When Dr. Duane first heard about fertility awareness and how that led to FACTS
- Findings from a 2012 research project about fertility awareness training in family medicine residency programs
- Why fertility awareness is a matter of science, not faith
- Why FABMs are not taught more widely, and so much more!
The interview with Dr. Duane begins three minutes and thirty seconds into the podcast. Set aside some time this week for this short interview that will leave you thinking about fertility awareness and women’s health in a new way. We commend it to you as an informative resource you can share with your friends and family, and with healthcare professionals as well.